Nausea/vomiting, heat/chills, spotting, cause of symptoms?

Patient : For the past month, I’ve been waking up once or twice a week feeling alternating heat and chills, and extremely nauseated, often actually vomiting. I was prescribed doxycycline hyclate (200 mg/day) for ten days during this time to help fight off pneumonia. I have always had irregular periods and was told this might make it difficult to have children in the future. I’ve noticed some very light bleeding recently. After using a menstrual cup to monitor the flow, it doesn’t seem to be getting any more abundant; just barely enough to spot a little throughout the day. This bleeding has been going on for two days. What could be causing these symptoms? I am 23 years old, do not use any hormonal birth control or IUD, but am sexually active with the same partner of 3 years, never unprotected. Any response/advice would be appreciated!
Symptoms:  Nausea, vomiting, heat/chills, "spotting"/light bleeding.
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I would like to keep two possibilities in your case: 1. Thyroid disorder 2. Polycys tic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). In both of these conditions you can have Menstrual Irregularities, Flushes, Alternating Chills and heats. I would advise you to get following investigations done: 1. Thyroid Profile. 2. Fasting Blood Sugar. 3. Ultrasound Pelvic Organs. I would recommend you to get these investigations on priority basis. I won't suggest you any medicines for your problems as the treatment would depend on the cause. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thank you for your response. I do have atypical PCOS (I do not carry much abdominal fat), it was diagnosed when I was 16, but I have never had nausea and vomiting be a part of it. I have had blood tests for both thyroid and fasting blood sugar come back within normal ranges, and ultrasounds show large cysts up to the size of a lemon which cause severe abdominal cramping.
Doctor: Hi
The Abdominal pain you are getting is because of the cyst.
You need to see your gynaecologist for further treatment.