Ask The Doctor > Pending > Neck problems associated with tourettes.

Neck problems associated with tourettes.

Patient: Hi this might seem like an odd question but its always troubled me. Okay, i’ve had tourettes since the age of 7, and it dramatically affected my life. I missed years of my school life because of it and one symptom in particular has really left a mark on my life. When i was 14 i started getting very violent neck ticks. Resulting in severe neck pain and overdeveloped neck muscles (which i still have to this day). The neck ticks and my tourettes in general severely calmed down when i was about 19 or so, im 21 now. Several things make my neck feel very tense still but one in particular, masturbation, whenever i masturbate i get a really tense feeling down the sides of my neck, and it lasts for hours after im finished. Could i be making it worse by masturbating, could i be overworking my neck muscles by masturbating. I am more than willing to go cold turkey if i thought (and you thought) that it could help. So i would realy appreciate some general advice because its been a problem for years.Thanks for your time.Matthew

Doctor: