Neck/shoulder pain

Q: Hi, I am a 21 year old female who has been having neck/shoulder pain for a few years now. It comes and goes and has never been constant until yesterday. Usually it would go away after like an hour or 2 but its been going on now for almost 48 hours. I tried waiting it out hoping it would go away but it hasn't, it's just getting worse.

Symptoms:  swollen and hurts to touch.
i feel a "popping" sensation at times and directly following that sensation I feel like pins and needles and a cool (as in temp) feeling.
starting to go down into my shoulder blade in my back.
it's on my left side.
pain begins midway/at the base of my neck (most severe here) and radiates down my shoulder to my shoulder blade but its not as severe there. It's more of a dull throbbing pain by my shoulder blade and more of a stabbing/pinching/tight feeling at the base of my neck. It hurts worse if I try to massage it. And I've also been having a headache since last night. I feel stiff in my neck and shoulder area all over and at times I don't want to move it because thats when I feel the popping sensation. The only time I have gotten relief from the pain is when i put an icy hot patch on it but that only helped for about 10 minutes. i have not taken any kind of oral medicine for it. Not big on taking medicine unless I absolutely have to. And I do have a pretty high tolerance for pain but this is starting to become a bit unbearable and the only thing stopping me from getting it checked out is the lack of health insurance. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Neck/shoulder pain-1