Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Neck swollen lymph node.

Neck swollen lymph node.

Patient: I’am 33 year old women and have found a lump in my neck it feels like a swollen lymph node but i have no pain or any infections. I first felt it around 8 weeks ago and it has got slightly bigger since then.

Doctor: Neck lymph nodes usually are inflamed due to a recent infection, mostly viral. Sometimes they persist for a period of ti me and you might need to apply warm compresses to help them and/or take over the counter anti inflammatory medication.I would suggest you to consult your rheumatologist if you develop lymph nodes on other parts of your body since this could also be related to immune disorders such as Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus and you might want to rule out these conditions due to your medical history. I wish you a prompt recovery.