Neck tightness for over three weeks!

Patient

Q: I have had what feels like neck tightness on each side of my neck for about 3 weeks now. Doctor is telling me it's anxiety. I also have minor randoms pains on each side of the neck by the jugulars. My head is throbbing (no pain) so much it feels like it's going to explode! I have had my blood pressure check several times, all good. I also have had two ekg's all normal.

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.
I would keep a possibility of Migraine Headache in your case.
Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia and phonophobia.
Chronic Tension Headaches usually present with heaviness in head, band-like sensation over the head with sleeping difficulties.
Important here is to differentiate between the two.
A clinical examination specially Neurological Examination, fundus examination are must to rule out any other Neurological problem which might also require Neuroimaging.
You should see your doctor.
He will classify the headache and if it is Migranous, treatment would be with the drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitryptilline.
Tension Headaches are treated with Amitryptilline, Escitalopram with behavioral modification treatment.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.