Need advice on birth control missunderstanding

Patient

Q: I missed one of my birth control pills (Yaz) on the 3rd day so i took two on the fourth day. It was also my last day of my period. Didn't realize if you miss and double up a pill within the first seven days you should use extra protection for 7 days. I had unprotected sex yesterday and it was my 6th day of the pill. Am i at high risk of getting pregnant?

Symptoms:  N/A
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) prevents ovulation (the release of an egg from an ovary) and also cause changes in your cervical and uterine lining, making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.

The instructions are pretty clear on the pack that if you miss one active Yaz pill, take two pills on the day that you remember. Then take one pill per day for the rest of the pack. If you miss two active pills in a row in Week 1 or 2, take two pills per day for two days in a row. Then take one pill per day for the rest of the pack. Use back-up birth control for at least 7 days following the missed pills.

Now as you missed one pill on day 3 of your first week and took two pills the next day before 24 hrs, still you remain protected. This is because ovulation occurs only after the LH surge occurs and that occurs by day 12-14 in case of multiple missed pills case or where pills are stopped in first week, so as on day 6 of this cycle there was no chances of ovulation, the unprotected sex which you had shall not lead to any pregnancy at all. Moreover as you have continued the pill daily after that, you remain protected.

Just continue the pack without fear and maintain daily dosage on a regular basis and you shall stay protected even without an unprotected intercourse.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,