Need answers for my fiances syringomyelia

Patient: My fiancé has syringomyelia. I feel incredibly helpless watching her be in all of this pain. Is there any transplant options that I could help her somehow?

Symptoms: Pain

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There are no transplant options for the treatment of syringomyelia however there is a surgi cal procedure that is performed to drain the swollen syrinx of excess CSF which could alleviate these symptoms. This has to be done by a orthopedic surgeon. It is a very risky procedure since it can have adverse effects on the spinal cord, and the relief of pain is not entirely guaranteed. Please have your fiance follow up with her specialist in order to determine if this would be an option of treatment.Thank you for consulting