Need assisting help with severe cold, while pregnant.

Patient: I have been sick with a cold/Sinus infection for about 2 weeks with fever. I also am 22 weeks pregnant, is there anything else I can do to get rid of this sickness? I’ve taken Tylenol Sinus, Mucinex, Tylenol, Zyrtec, Nasal Sprays, Kettle Pot Drips.

Symptoms: Headaches, Sneezing, Coughing, Ear Drainage, Earaches, Sore Throat, Fever.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It seems as though that symptomatic treatment of your upper respiratory tract infection and sinusitis may not be helping and you may need antibiotic treatment of your infection. It is important to note that while pregnant, your immune system is slightly compromised during this time. Hence, a cold will take a little longer to resolve compared to when you were not pregnant. We are not certain if you have an underlying bacterial infection, this can only be determined after you are examined and the appropriate tests are performed. If this is the case, you will be prescribed antibiotics that are safe for consumption during pregnancy. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com