Need clarification for therapies used for Cancer and diagonisys of Tumour

Patient : Hi doctor, One of my very close freind's father is being treated for tumour in the pelvis area. But i am little confused whether the diagonisys is correct. Because the patient is being treatd with first Radiotherapy ( they say it to strengthen the bone near to Pelvis), then chemotherpay ,which is followed by the bone marrow transplantation. To my knowledge all the above therapies are used for the diagonsys of Cancer and not for a tumour. It will be of great help doctor, if u ll let me know if there are scenarios in which the above theraphies are used for tumour too. I will be ever gratefull to u.. thanks, Pratilipi