Need Help After Short Eating Disorder

Patient

Q: Please excuse the name I'm directing this to, this is an email I sent to someone:

Hi dancerqueen :)

My name is Jasmine, I have read a lot of your posts while trying to learn more about what I can do to help my body. I need some advice and would be honored to have it from you, so thank you for reading this :)

I'm 14, turning 15 in October. I am 5'6" and around February this year, I was around 120 pounds, sometimes more or less like nature intends. I felt uncomfortable with my body because of the bulge I had on my stomach. I so badly wanted it to shrink so I just tried to cut out certain things anyone knows is "fattening", but I would always cheat and ended up feeling terrible about it. I am a competitive golfer and play for my highschool team. I have had independent p.e. so I would have phases of going to the gym and such, but nothing too hard.

Then my E.D. started towards the end of the month, or early the next month. Every single day I'd make sure I would work out at night for 10-20 minutes on videos I watched. Sometimes I would do random daily mini workouts too. I wouldn't say it was as extreme as other's experiences, but I was also restricting to 1200 calories a day, sometimes less. I would continue this, along with variations of phases of exercise, like running instead, or weight lifting, High Intensity Interval Training, and things like that.

Well I got what I thought I wanted, and it came with what I know I don't want. In around 2 or so months, I dropped from 120 to my low of 107 pounds. I actually never did intend to go so low, and didn't know what I was doing was unhealthy, until I started doing some more research. It took me a while to realize that I needed to gain, but I started to up my calories. First up to 1400-1500 calories, and I thought that was enough. After a little time and more research, I convinced myself 1750 calories. Now I have been going at least 1840-2100 calories a day to gain some weight back. I think I have been in the 1700-2100 range for almost a month and a half now. I know that I probably need more, but the fact that I only had the ED for a couple months makes me feel like it's not as bad, even if it is.

I'm 110 pounds now, stopped the exercise, and look and feel healthy, I don't look too skinny at all, but my hair is falling out and I've realized I haven't had my period since I started restricting. I really need some advice. I still count calories, I know I shouldn't, but I can't get myself to not count, jus

Doctor