Need Help FAST, in serious pain

Q: I have this horrible pain in my left shoulder thats been going on for about 4 days now. its happened before but last time it lasted for weeks. Pain gets worse when coughing, laughing, sneezing, hiccuping, burping, and breathing. standing up or sitting down for too long makes the pain even worse and the only way to control it is to lay down on my right side and take short breaths.
I havent fallen at all nor do i play any sports, this started 4 days ago while i was at work. (i work standing all day greeting people) so its weird that this is happening.

Symptoms:  Pain when coughing, laughing, sneezing, hiccuping, burping, and breathing.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Noted the history of severe pain in the left shoulder which increases with the factors you noted. This has appeared without any trauma or sports activities.
There are two apparent reasons:
1. The local problem in or around the shoulder including that of muscles or tendons around or
2. The problem near the left diaphragm giving a referred pain to the left shoulder.

I would advise you to see a Doctor ASAP for clinical evaluation, actual physical examination of the shoulder and the respiratory system and the abdomen to find the probable cause, get the investigations done like X-ray of the chest, Ultrasonography of the abdomen, X-ray and/ or MRI of the shoulder as per the clinical findings and give you a prescription based treatment.

This will help to get a proper diagnosis and give you a proper treatment.