Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Need help for cardio attack

Need help for cardio attack

Patient: My father in law had already got bypass surgery, after 2 yrs he had to do angioplasty and stent operation. what is his risk factors now? how many years can he survive?

Symptoms: Pressure in chest, chest pain, blackout

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.Only God can decide that how much a person can live. As far as his health issues are concerned, there are lot many people who are living well with Coronary artery diseases. It’s not like that if any one has stent placement and by-pass he can’t live well. As far as prognosis part is concerned, if you could have shared with me his current status like BP, Breathlessness, daily activities, i could help you better with that. If he is doing good, has normal well controlled BP and diabetes, he is doing his routine activities well and he is living comfortably with no issues pertaining to breathlessness, chest pain that is anginal pains his prognosis is good.So, he needs to observe that he takes regular medicines and all his parameters are under control. He should exercise daily and should take meals with low fat and low salt.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.