Need help from drinking now.

Q: I am an alcoholic and need to stop drinking now. but its not easy for me. Is there something I can take to help?

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.

Alcoholism can be treated only if the person accepts that this is a problem and also agrees to overcome it by stop drinking.
We have 3 stages of actions in treatment plan:
1. Detoxification: Stopping alcohol completely. Now, this can result in withdrawal symptoms like seizures, hallucinations, delirium tremens (DT).
2. Rehabilitation: This involves counseling and medications to prevent withdrawal and cravings.
3. Maintenance: This is support, which often includes regular Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and counselling.
Since you understand the problem and ready to deal with it, you are already in the 1st stage.
The relapse rate is very high in case of alcohol addiction so you should take help of a psychiatrist.
He will impose these steps on you in a planned way and will treat you as you develop the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. Benzodiazepines are used to treat withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety and poor sleep
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy