Need help identifying if this is a sign of pregnancy

Patient : I'm afraid I might be pregnant, I'm having light pinkish discharge and my period isn't due for 3 more days. I normally have heavy periods and on time, I had intercourse 1 week and 6 days ago. Could I be pregnant?
Symptoms:  Light pinkish bleeding, not due for period.
Doctor :   What you are experiencing sounds like what is known as Implantation bleeding. This is more likely if you are also experi encing pregnancy symptoms such as change in appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps etc. Implantation bleeding is seen as spotting or a lighter form of a period in pregnant women. The fertilized egg when it implants onto the lining of the womb causes some amount of bleeding from the site of implantation. This is generally called as Implantation bleeding. It is light pink or brownish in color and typically lasts only for 2 – 3 days. The bleeding is characteristically seen 6 – 12 days after ovulation and is many a times mistaken as the period by many women. The best way to know if the bleeding you are experiencing is Implantation bleeding or a period is to do a home pregnancy test. You just have to follow the instructions on the pack and you can test yourself without any hassles. If you are not keen on getting pregnant in the near future, it would be a good idea to use contraceptive methods in the future to avoid any mishaps.