Need help to concieve


Q: Hi doctor. Please I need some advise. Basically I've been trying to conceive for a few months. I am breastfeeding but my normals periods have been back for about 7 months now . I get had sever cramping and pain in my tummy all night and morning. I took a pregnancy test this morning. It came a very faint positive could barely see it so I waited 3 minutes and now it's just about visable. Am I pregnant? My period is due today been 31 days since my last period .. Thank you

Need help to concieve-1

A:   Hello,
Thanks for the query.

On reviewing the urine pregnancy test provided by you, it is indeed faintly positive. It could mean a pregnancy, an early miscarriage or even an ectopic pregnancy which generally presents with cramps and a faint positive pregnancy test.
You will have to see a doctor at the earliest and get a beta hCG blood test done and also repeat the same after 48 hours. In case of an increasing titre, it will mean a normal pregnancy, if the tire falls or remains the same, it could be indicative of an ectopic pregnancy which would need a follow up with an ultrasound and immediate intervention with medical or surgical procedure.

Hope this helped.

Related Q&A

Q: Is it harmful to take nystatin oral terconazole vagl at the same time to cure a vaginal and oral yeast infection?

Q: Is 300 total testosterone normal for a 30 year old male?

Q: I have an issue when I rub and massage my elbow I get a tingling sensation in my pinky and ring finger

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon