Need help understanding MRI findings

Q: I need help understanding my MRI results.
1. There is an finding most compatible with distal clavicular osteolysis with a large amount of reactive bone marrow edema within the distal clavicle. There is also mild degenerative changes of the acromioclavicular joint.
2. There is moderate tendinopathy of the posterior supraspinatus tendon with the evidence of a small area of mild fraying (3 x 6mm) involving the articular surface of the tendon in the critical zone.
3. Moderate focal tendinopathy of the subcapularis at the lesser tuberosity.

This injury occurred 1-21-15 ( Carrying heavy furniture). I have completed 25 PT. The pain is constant. Usually a "3 "in the morning and a "8-9" at night. I have not been able to sleep in bed this this occurred and I am completely miserable. I have an appointment with an Ortho in 12 days. My question is what does my these results mean and what can be done so I can going back to a normal life.

Symptoms:  Constant pain, unable to sleep more that 3 hours at a time due to pain, painful to lift anything. Please note this is my right houlder and I'm right handed.

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.There is osteolytic lesion in lateral end of clavicle with reactive new bone formation most probably it is infection. There is degenerative ( age related) changes in acromioclavicular joint. There is moderate tendinopathy of supraspinatus tendons with degenerative changes indicated age related changes. You may need biopsy of osteolytic lesion of clavicle to confirm the diagnosis. For pain relief you can take analgesic such as ibuprofen. If pain is severe then you may require strong analgesic such as tramadol after prescription from your doctor as it is a prescription drug. Rest is useful to pain relief. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.