Need help with Plan B contraception

Patient

Q: On the Plan B site it says that "You do not need to use additional back-up contraception to your birth control pills after using Plan B One-Step." what does this mean?

Doctor

A:   The above mentioned statement explains that, in case you were to use Plan B one step emergency contraception for reasons like missed regular birth control pills, unprotected sex etc., you need to continue your regular birth control pills or whatever contraception method you have been using. Use of yet another contraceptive method in addition to the regular method is not required.