Need info on contraceptive pills

Patient: About a week ago I went to the doctor to get the contraceptive pill however he told me I could not start it until the first day of my next period. However, when I had sex the condom split and I took a morning after pill. Now I have bleeding and cramp which is a side effect of the pill (which I experienced and it went but now it is more blood and more cramp how it feels when I normally start) but I cannot tell if it is my next period starting or a side effect…. So I do not know if I should take my contraceptive pill

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The flow of withdrawal bleeding after taking emergency pill may not be same every time.With frequent intake of emergency pills, hormonal fluctuation can increase and you can have heavier bleeding.Though it is a withdrawal bleeding, you can count it as your period and start oral contraceptive pills now from either first or second day.Take care

View all posts