Need more feeling in vagina

Patient : Is there a way to get more feeling in the vagina. I had a partial hysterectomy seven years ago and I've just became sexually active again after 20 years and hardly have any feeling when having sex
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The decreased sensation in you vagina could be due to age as well as having had a partial h ysterectomy in the past. This causes decreases in feminine hormones which are responsible for the over health and functioning of the female reproductive system. There may be some medications that can help you, such as sildenifil citrate (Viagra), however we do not want to suggest them prematurely without encouraging you to see your gynaecologist to determine what could be the exact cause of your symptoms. It is possible that the hysterectomy could have caused damaged to sensory nerves of the vagina. Furthermore, advanced age, and menopause can cause decreased vaginal sensation as well. We recommend that you proceed with consulting your gynaecology for further evaluation. Thank you for choosing

Related Q&A

Q: The end of the shaft of my penis is wrinkled when flaccid and when I get an erection it takes several minutes to expa...

Q: Hi I recently had quite vigorous sex with my partner. I noticed afterwards a small tear under my foreskin on the shaf...

Q: I had a small amount of blood in some discharge yesterday evening and I had intercourse with my boyfriend this evenin...

Q: Hey, so me and my girlfriend were about to have sex and and 45 minutes before I had a erections like 6 in row within ...

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon