Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Need of Surgical cleaning or not

Need of Surgical cleaning or not

Patient: Hi,I have taken the MTP kit to avoid unwanted pregnancy in the 5th week as per the doctor’s prescription. in 2nd TVS after 14 days, my doctor found 13.2 mm of ET and suggested a 2nd dose of Misopriston. After 4 days of 2nd dose, i got TVS done today and still there is 13 mm of ET seen. I met the doctor and she is suggesting to go for surgical cleaning process to remove the dead cells/tissues.but before that, i want your expert advise to go ahead or wait for some time (eg. until next periods). This was my first pregnancy. Is there any risk attached to surgical cleaning like conceiving or any infection later on.

Symptoms: Bleeding stopped after 5 days of course

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concern here.In my opinion you s hould go for surgical procedure called D&C because your endometrial thickness is quite high. There is no need to worry about future outcomes because it will not affect your fertility in future.If done in expert hand with full aseptic measure than chances of infection are not there.Hope it was useful, feel free to discuss more.Regards