Need second opinion!

Patient : My fiancé fell off the back of a 4 wheeler a few years ago and since then has dealt with pain in the lumbar region of her back. She had an MRI done shortly after the accident and the doctors told her she may have to get that area caged to prevent further damage. A week ago she went to a new doctor who said he sees a hole in that area, using the same MRI data from the first visit, and he thinks a nerve is getting the hole causing pain and discomfort. He said he can pin the hole so that the nerve can't get in. The problem I have is that I cannot find any similar procedures anywhere to compare it to or any stories from patients that have done this before. Please help so that I have some idea as to the outcome of this procedure. Thank you.
Symptoms:  Pain radiating from lower back down to feet at times, heavy right leg, hip pain, etc.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have pain in my shins after being on my feet for a while. The orthopedist thought it was sciatica, but my primary d...

Q: Is upper back pain normal with strept throat ?

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon