Need to know if these are symptoms of a strokeMy

Patient: Need to know if these are symptoms of a stroke.My wife is experiencing a headache that came on all of a sudden, slurred speech, weakness in her left leg, and is having trouble swallowing. She has had previous experience with Bell’s Palsy, but it has never affected her legs. She is afraid of seeking medical treatment due to the fact that she has fibromyalga (spell?) so she uses cannibas to relieve the pain.

Symptoms: Headache (quick on set) slurred speech, trouble swallowing, leg weakness on one side of body.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.She might just had a postural drop but we should always rule out Stroke (Transient Ischemic Attack, TIA) in such case.TI are the warning signs of impending stroke.You should get an evaluation done. Your doctor would examine you and if feels it was TIA episode will post your for:1. MRI Brain2. Doppler of carotid vessels.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy