Negating the effects of sitting.

Q: I've read about sitting being highly hazardous to health, but because it is an essential part of my daily rutine I cannot erradicate it completly. I wish to know if there are certain methods to negate the effects of chronic sitting, or atleast some of them. On an avarage day I sit for about 14 hours.
Some of the methods I've come up with and wish to know if they are effective in any way
Getting up every 20 minutes to do some light streching and exercise for about half a minute. Switching sitting positions every now and then, bouncing my legs up and down and moving my whole body in a light wave motion for a few minutes every now and then.
Every suggestion is welcome, thank you for your answers. Also sources of studies on sitting are also welcome.