Negative HPT but no periods!!

Q: I am not on any type of birth control. My periods have always been on time except for this month. I am 2 days late. I have taken 3 hpt and all 3 of them are negative. I have some minor "pregnancy symptoms" ie: sore breasts, enlarged nipples, minor nausea, headaches. Can I still be pregnant, even though the tests keep coming back negative?

Symptoms:  Sore breasts, enlarged nipples, nausea, headaches, no period

A:   Hi,
Minor variations in the menstrual pattern can be seen due to many factors.
Generally menstrual cycle with length 21 days to 35 days can be considered as normal only.
Just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy.
And usually urine pregnancy test kit can give accurate result one week after expected date of periods.
So, please wait for 4 to 5 days and repeat the test.
Take care.