Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Negative pregnancy test but many symptoms

Negative pregnancy test but many symptoms

Patient: Im having alot of pregnancy symptoms…like lately my taste for pickles have just been so high and that’s not normal I sleep literally all day I urine inbetween me sleeping . I just don’t feel like doing nothing no more. My last period ended this past Saturday which was the 14th I finally got up out of bed and went to go buy a pregnancy test..it was negative! But when I wiped it was this pinkish brown discharged like stuff that came out..now I’m cramping what does this mean?

Doctor: I would not be too concerned due to the spotting which could be a normal variant of menstruation. However, if your notic e that your periods are irregular and you experience heavier bleed than normal, you may need to get evaluated for  problems such as PCOS, thyroid issues, an anovulatory cycle, infections of the tract.