Negative pregnancy test but missed period

Patient: I have missed my period for about 3 days now, I took a pregnancy and it was negative

Symptoms: Nausea, fatigue, frequent urination, face breaking out, tender breast, missed period

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Wait for another 2 to 3 days repeat the home pregnancy test if it negative too & if you h ave not had your period yet then it is advisable that you opt for a blood test for βhCG to rule out pregnancy this is rather more sensitive assay which can detect low levels of the hormone corresponding to the early pregnancy, if you are sexually active and had unprotected sexual intercourse. Sometimes apart from pregnancy hormonal imbalance, fluctuations in thyroid hormonal levels either related or unrelated to stress, strain, anxiety, change in lifestyle, excessive weight gain or loss, heavy exercise can lead to irregularities in the menstrual cycle pattern, in otherwise regularly menstruating women. It is better to see the doctor who can further investigate to ascertain the underlying reason & advise apt treatment accordingly.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.