Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Negative pregnancy test, still no period.

Negative pregnancy test, still no period.

Patient: Im a week late with my period and have taken a pregnancy test that said it was negative what should my next step be

Symptoms: Bloating, sore boobs , back pain

Doctor: Hello,If your pregnancy test is negative and if your periods are regular then you should ideally wait for your periods to resume for another week, i.e 15 days post mssed period. If your periods don’t resume then you should visit your physician for a transvaginal ultrasound for checking the thickness of the endometrium. If the thickness is found to be more than 10mm, then you can opt for a withdrawal bleed with progestins to resume your menses.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards