Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Nerve issues in my back

Nerve issues in my back

Patient: This will sound weird. I have a deep, deep throbbing, itching feeling where the back and butt meet, in that one spot on the crack, but it’s inside. Drives me crazy! Can’t sleep. Could it be a nerve issue?

Symptoms: Deep, deep throbbing, itching feeling where the back and butt meet, restless legs

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from any of the following:1. Muscular back pain2. Prol apsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.I would advise you to get following:1. X-ray Cervical spine2. X-ray LS spine3. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels4. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For muscular pain i advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy