Nervous about the risks the pill would cause

Patient

Q: I am sexually active and have always used condoms. I am in a relationship now and have been looking into the combined pill as a means of birth control. I would not be relying on them completely and would make my partner either withdraw or use a condom.
However, I am very anxious at the thought of putting hormones into my body daily and increasing my oestrogen levels when naturally, they shouldnt be that high, throughout the month.
I am very health conscious and am particular about what foods i put into my body and I feel that by going on the pill, I am being hypocritical and will do my body harm in the long run, such as increasing my risk of cancer, particularly breast cancer.
It would be great if you could get back to me with some information about the risks of increased hormone levels.
Thanks

Doctor