Neurological problem

Patient

Q: Had panic attack a week ago felt my legs and arms weak that day and up to now i still feel them weak, like i cant use my hands right plus the day of panic attack my lip felt weird and now i feel lip shaky feel i cant swallow right. what should i do?

Symptoms:  Weak legs from knees to feet, weak arms from elbows to hands, shaky right lip, cant swallow right
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We recommend that you go to your nearest urgent care centre or family doctor to be examined for a possible cardiovascular cause of your current symptoms. Panic attacks can precipitate myocardial infarctions (heart attacks). Another possible cause of your symptoms, may indeed be a neurological problem due to a blockage or rupture of a blood vessel within the brain. Both of these are very serious medical conditions and we want to have these ruled out before any other causes are considered. Please seek medical attention immediately.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com