New recommendations for female sterilization

Q: My doctor made a note in my medical record. "Given the new recommendations, I recommended proceeding with a bilateral salpingectomy over a regular tubal ligation." What are these "new recommedations" she referred to and how can I read them myself?

Symptoms:  Trying to find information online

Tubal ligation is done for birth control and in this procedure we do not remove the fallopian tubes on both sides, we only ligate them.
It has been proven from many studies that if the tubes are removed that is salpingectomy done instead of a tubal bilateral ligation, it will not only reduce the chance of re conception in cases of failure, but will also prevent chances of any tubal malignancy in future as well . It will also prevent an ectopic pregnancy.
Considering all these additional benefits, the doctor must have advised for a bilateral salpingectomy.
If you have any specific history pertaining to your tubes or anything significant write back in detail. We could guide you better.
Hope this helped.
Feel free to write back for further clarifications.

Patient: She told me this hospital has gone to it as their standard of care for tubal ligation. Is this unusual? Will her doing it this way mess up my insurance coverage? Is it more costly? Does the hospital have any obligation to inform me on what things cost?
Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
This is not a serious procedure. The risk of the surgery remains same as that for tubal ligation. You can go ahead with the procedure. Regarding the cost, it varies from every hospital to hospital. They will give you an estimate. Kindly contact the concerned person or talk to your doctor in prior to the procedure.
Hope this helped.
Patient: What did she mean by "new recommendations" is there someplace that issues recommendations and where can I go to read them?
Doctor: Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes you can look into guidelines for tubectomy under RCOG or ACOG guidelines. You will get details.
Hope this helped.