Nexplanon and emergency contraception

Patient : I had nexplanon implanted on Monday. I was not on my period. I had unprotected sex Tuesday night. Should I use emergency contraception to prevent pregnancy from the unprotected sex?
Doctor :   Thank you for your query. It is always better to avoid unprotected sexual intercourse at least for 5 to 7 days past the insertion of an IUD (intra uterine device) to prevent an unwanted pregnancy emergency. It is advisable that you opt for an emergency contraceptive pill or the morning after pill to be on the safer side. Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.