Nexplanon birth control arm pain

Patient : Hi, I had the nexplanon birth control inserter jan 29 2014, its now almost a year later, I was curious as to if it is normal to occasionally have some pain where it is in my arm. it only lasts 5-10 mins tops and is usually dull but irritating, and sometimes actually hurts. I figured maybe it hurts when it releases hormones but that doesn't really make sense, it shouldn't hurt. should I be concerned??
Symptoms:  Just random pain at different times.
Doctor :   Hello, NEXPLANON IMPLANT is inserted sub breezily and it should not cause pain otherwise, unless your upper arm tone o f muscles is increased and you happen to contract your biceps or triceps depending on the location , that it may cause stretch pain and would get relieved once the tone is recovered. It is not a major cause of worry and it is not due to daily hormonal release per se. You may use cold compresses if required , this should help you with the pain. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards