Nexplanon birth control arm pain

Patient

Q: Hi, I had the nexplanon birth control inserter jan 29 2014, its now almost a year later, I was curious as to if it is normal to occasionally have some pain where it is in my arm. it only lasts 5-10 mins tops and is usually dull but irritating, and sometimes actually hurts. I figured maybe it hurts when it releases hormones but that doesn't really make sense, it shouldn't hurt. should I be concerned??

Symptoms:  Just random pain at different times.
Doctor

NEXPLANON IMPLANT is inserted sub breezily and it should not cause pain otherwise, unless your upper arm tone of muscles is increased and you happen to contract your biceps or triceps depending on the location , that it may cause stretch pain and would get relieved once the tone is recovered. It is not a major cause of worry and it is not due to daily hormonal release per se. You may use cold compresses if required , this should help you with the pain.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards