Nexplanon is making me feel like I am pregnant and I'm not

Patient

Q: I am currently on Nexplanon. It is making me feel like I am pregnant and I'm not. I have taken multiple test. What is a better method of birth control?

Symptoms:  tired, nauseated, smell making me sick, back hurts
Doctor

A:   Hi!!  Nexplanon is a type of long acting reversible contraception and It is one of the most effective forms of birth control. You didnot mention in your question how long you are using it?? Mostly Nexplanon is effective for 3 years. Depending on your need (for how long you need contraception) you  can opt for other methods also. Other long acting reversible contraception methods are Mirena and para guard , Mirena is a hormonal type effective for five years and para guard non hormonal type effective for 5-10years. But remember no birth control is right for everyone and there  are risks associated with each type. As your test results are negative but u feel like you are pregnant it's better to consult your gynaecologist and take the required tests done and if possible you can change the contraception on the doctors advice.