NEXPLANON PROBLEM BLEEDING MORE THAN USUAL.

Patient

Q: I got the nexplanon about 3months ago and ive had my period for 2months is that normal

Doctor

Nexaplanon is a progesterone contraception and can cause irregular bleeding in form of break through bleeding for 2-3 months which can range from light bleeding to dark bleeding off and on. It is advised that you may take antifibrinolytics like tranexamic acid tabs thrice a day for few days for stopping or reducing bleeding completely.
You may get it prescribed by your physician and take an informed decision.
Regards,