Night Nausea and Irregular Periods

Q: My problem is that for two months I have had a period that has been spotty instead of heavy flowing for 7 days like my periods usually are, and I am experiencing severe nausea at night and a little when I first wake up. I have took a pregnancy test it came out negative though so my question is what is wrong with me?

Symptoms:  Night Nausea

Thanks for the query to ATD,
If you have been experiencing hypomenorrhoea or scanty menses since last 2 months and the pregnancy test is negative already , but nausea seems to be a concern here , then it is to be understood that it is a part of premenstrual syndrome which may persist even after few days of ending of menses.
It is advised that you may undergo a hormonal profile to look for any progesterone deficiency during the luteal phase or estrogen deficiency caused due to stress factors during the last 2 months, which can definitely cause a hormonal imbalance and often scanty menses.
If the hormonal profile is normal then you must attribute it to stress and should take to relaxation exercises like meditation and yoga to relieve your stress content so that menses can regularize. The nausea is attributed to hormonal imbalance and shall subside with an antiemetic like domperidone or metoclopromide tabs.
If the symptoms persist then you may visit your physician for a detailed evaluation and examination.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,