Night sweats improve with alcohol intake

Q: I have been having night sweats for the past year. I'm an otherwise healthy, average weight, 35 years old female. I have already been to my ObGyn and General practioner. I was tested for pre- menopause as well as a general blood panel- the only thing that came up was that my Triglycerides were slightly high, about 190. The only time I don't seem to have night sweats is when I drink alcohol, which is usually two nights a week. Any suggestins you may have would be great, it's driving me crazy!

A:   The fact that alcohol improves your night sweats, may suggest your previous drinking habits, and night sweats to be one of the withdrawal or a craving symptoms of the body for alcohol. You need to continue avoidance of alcohol intake and follow measures to deal with night sweats. Maintain cool atmosphere in your bedroom and keep it well ventilated. It would be better to remove any extra blankets or sheets and wear loose garments while sleeping at night. Hope this helps.