Night time leg pain with a twist

Q: I have a pain that shots down both of my legs at night. It only occurs at night and it occurs the same each time. It feels like something triggers (like a hormone) a button, if you will, that sends pains down both legs. The shot of pain wakes me up. I stand up, walk around and then go back to bed. It seems more biochemical than mechanical. Dr. doesn't know. I am wondering if this could be a funky kind of menopause or thyroid condition.

Symptoms:  pain shots down both legs at nigiht, 1 time only, enough to wake me up. No other symptoms and the condition doesn't repeat again and again. 1 and done.