Night time only abdominal pain

Patient

Q: Please can yo help me by suggesting what you think might be the cause of my abdominal and back pains?
For the last year or so I have been woken in the night with severe cramps in my lower abdomen and sometimes the lower back. It only happens at night when I am in bed. I don't get it every night,usually about 4 nights in each week. Sometimes it is just an ache that shifts as soon as I do but sometimes it is really strong and I am barely able to move, feeling like I'm clamped to the bed! As soon as I grit my teeth and force myself to move ( usually if on stomach by pushing buttocks up or forcing myself to roll)the pain goes and I can go back to sleep but for those few minutes it is quite distressing.
I have had an ultrasound on my abdomen last year and a colonoscopy five years ago when I had some bleeding - but all have been clear. I have not had any bleeding since.
I do suffer from constipation at times but this doesn't seem to be related to when I get the pains.
Many thanks for your time

Doctor