Nipples are sore and period-like cramps.

Q: I'm on birth control (its both estrogen and progesterone) and I missed one day this month but took it the next. I've had unprotected sex twice this month but I don't think he came inside of me. My period cycle is something I haven't necessarily tracked but I estimate that it's between 35- 40 days. My last period started January 26th and ended on February 1st. I have had very sore nipples for maybe two weeks now and this has never happened to me. Tonight, even though I don't yet expect my period, I've had very bad period-like cramps but no period. I didn't think I could be pregnant because I don't believe I was ovulating but I could be wrong... Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Sore nipples

The symptoms you have could be most likely due to a pregnancy, premenstrual symptom, a pill related hormonal side effect or even hormonal imbalance in the body. There could be a mild possibility of pill failure, around 0.5 to 1 %. Suggest you to do a pregnancy test after 5 days to rule out pregnancy. Kindly see doctor in the meantime for antispasmodics to relieve the cramps. Drink plenty of water and have a non-spicy diet. Cut down on alcohol, smoking, tea, coffee and caffeine-containing beverages.
You may need an ultrasound as well to rule out any underlying pathology.

Hope this helped.