No Baby movement for 72 hours

Q: I am 26 weeks pregnant and have not felt the baby move at all for almost 72 hours. I ahe tried laying n my side and eating something sweet to get it to move, but nothing. Should I be woried at this point? Up until now the baby has had a fairly regular pattern of movement at the same four times everyday. Now she is comletely still and that is very unnerving. Please advise

A:   : I understand how concerned you about the decrease in fetal movements that you noticed. Let me reassure you that sometimes the fetuses are sleeping and you might not feel movements for a few hours, however since you have not noticed movements for 72 hours, I would suggest you to consult your Obstetrician for a detailed check up and possibly an ultrasound to evaluate your baby.  The possibility of fetal distress or even fetal dealth is not low in this case and you should be seen on an urgent basis.