Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > No bleeding after a week of taking vanprazol 200

No bleeding after a week of taking vanprazol 200

Patient: I was supposed to see my period on d 10th of July and I did not see it so I confirmed my suspicions by doin a pregnancy test it was positive so on the 12th I took vanprazol 200 (1tablet) I had cramps the following day but no bleeding the cramps stopped the day after I have been having series of discharge buh no bleeding still even till now. What should I do?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Vanprazol is a synthetic prostaglandin which causes uterine muscle contractions and is used as a medical abortifacient. In order to be certain that this medication has successfully terminated the pregnancy, it is important that you follow up with your doctor to be examined and conduct a pregnancy test and possibly an ultrasound to be certain that this is the case.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com