No curvature in neck. Is it serious?

Patient

Q: I hurt myself at work about a month and a half ago. I lift 10-40lbs on a regular basis. I was unloading a machine and my right arm began hurting, my fingers were numb and tingling and I was having muscle spasms in my neck. I went to the doctor and they took xrays and said the only thing wrong was my neck did not have a curve in it but he believed it was a pulled muslce pinching a nerve and gave me muslce relaxers and inflammatory pills. He told me to come back at the end of the week if it was not better. By the end of the week I was not feeling better so I went back. My arm was still hurting and I still had the numbness mostly in my pinky however my muscle spasms had stopped. She sent me to an orthopedic. By the time I saw him my left arm had started hurting also but mostly in my elbows and my neck and spine (neck and upper back spine) were hurting. The orthopedic said he believed it was a herniated disc and sent me for an MRI and a month of physical therapy twice a week. My MRI came back okay but I still do not have a curve in my neck. He's sending me back to work on Monday but my neck and spine are still hurting and my arms are very weak although I have finished therapy. Is it serious that the curve is missing? When I go back I am going to be lifting 10-40lbs and I do not want to make anything worse.

The photos I am attaching is of my MRI I had done. They may be a little hard to see.

Doctor