No fetal movement

Patient

Q: Im 18 weeks pregnant, i took nyquil last night, since i woke up this morning my baby hasn't moved at all?:(

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
It is not advisable to take cough syrups during pregnancy unless and until it is prescribed by a doctor. Some medications are contraindicated during pregnancy they can be harmful to the developing fetus. Through Nyquil has alcohol it is less in amount, but it is not the drug of choice for a pregnant women. It is advisable to see the obs/gyn doctor as soon as possible who will probably do a scan and see if everything is a alright or not.
Sometimes taking drugs containing alcohol can lead to fetal alcohol syndrome.
Hope that answers your query.