No period after abortion

Q: I havent had a period. Its been 5 weeks since my abortion. Is this normal

A:   One can expect to get a normal period about 4 to 8 weeks after the abortion; however this interval before you get a period can be quite variable in women. One cannot predict exactly when you will get your period because the hormones of pregnancy and abortion affect the menstrual cycle. The pregnancy hormone, hCG, may remain in your blood and urine for up to 8 weeks after the miscarriage resulting in false positive pregnancy tests. Therefore, it is recommended that you perform any type of pregnancy test.
I can understand that this must be an anxious period for you. If you are also experiencing any pregnancy tests then you may visit your obstetric health care provider for an exam. Or else my advice would be to just for a couple of more weeks for your period to come.