Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > No Period for 2 Months

No Period for 2 Months

Patient: What should i do if the home pregnancy tests and the urinary pregnancy test at the doctors office comes out negative but i have not had my period for about two months?

Doctor: I understand your worry about irregular menses. Certainly the first diagnosis to rule out is pregnancy; however other co nditions that might cause hormonal imbalances might need to be studied if pregnancy was not an option.Sudden weight loss, exercise, changes in diet , certain medications and even stress can alter the way your body is releasing hormones and this could surely explain your irregular menstruation.If your menses don’t show in your next cycle, I would definitely suggest you to consult your gynecologist for a more detailed study and evaluation; you might probably need to have blood work to check your hormone levels. I wish you the best.