No period in 20 months. What should I do?

Patient

Q: I have not had a period in 20 months. I now have had breast tenderness, cramps and flow. This is exactly how they used to be. Is it possible to get my period again after so long?

Symptoms:  Breast tenderness, cramps, bloating
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Yes even after a gap of 20 months also you can get menstrual cycle once or twice or occasional bleeding. If you have been using any hormonal replacements it would as well be related to that. To be on the safer side it is better to see the doctor & undergo screening for genital cancer. Sometimes post menopausal bleeding could as well be a symptom for that.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.