No periods since off birth control pills

Patient: I have not had a period since January. I came off the contraceptive pill Cilest over the Christmas period and have not had a period since. I have taken pregnancy tests of which have been negative. I have had repeats of genital warts and am worried that there is not a complication of this or another illness. And I currently have a wart on the outside of my vagina. (Atleast I think it is one) It has become painful sometimes during sex, but not always. I have previously had a smear test, maybe a few years ago of which nothing was detected. I would really appreciate it if you could give some ideas on what is wrong with the symptoms I have given.

Doctor: You may want to test for HPV infection or may be all STI’s to confirm any infection and receive appropriate treatment. T There may be several reasons for absent periods other than pregnancy including stress, hormonal imbalance, extreme weight changes, excessive exercise, ovarian cysts, thyroid malfunction etc. There could also be a possibility of poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) . You need to see a gynecologist for examination and accurate treatment.