Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > No sleep – My son has adhd

No sleep – My son has adhd

Patient: My 6 year old son didnt sleep at all last night. He has adhd. My husband is making him stay up all day now so he can sleep tonight. I suggest a nap but he said no. He looks like hes about to fall over. What should we do?

Symptoms: sleepy dark circles under eyes.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If your child is tired, allow him to sleep. Talk to him about the importance of going to be d regularly and reward him when he does. Do not prevent him from sleeping because you are concerned he will stay up all not. It is better to allow him to get sleep when he can, as he is still growing, and his brain is still developing. At this young of an age, sleep is very important and he should not be prevented from sleeping when he is tired.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com