Norethisterone contraceptive

Patient : I was taking Norethisterone for about 10 days and had unprotected sex on Thursday. I was prescribed the 'morning after pill' on Friday afternoon. When should my period come?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your Norethisterone contraceptive course of 10 days should have safely provided you with pr evention against pregnancy. However if you took the morning after pill for extra protection, this is fine also. The morning after pill (also known as 'Plan B' or Levonorgestrel) is an emergency contraceptive medication used to prevent pregnancy after recent unprotected sexual intercourse. You should have your normal monthly period. You can calculate when this will occur from the date of your last menstrual period, as one normally would do. If the morning after pill is taken within 24 hours of having unprotected intercourse it is 95% effective. If taken 25-48 hours after unprotected intercourse, it is 85% effective. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com